Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Madeline Kate Asbury

I just took a quick peek back at some of my recent posts...how depressing! Too many of them are about deaths.

Well, I am delighted to be able to report the BIRTH of my third daughter, Madeline Kate, a new little American citizen destined to make a great impact on the world. :)

She was born at 8:27 AM yesterday, July 14, by c-section. She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces, and I'll always remember that I heard her little cry before I actually saw her.

For newcomers to this blog and our family, Maddy was diagnosed with spina bifida about 4 months ago. So she goes into surgery tomorrow morning at 8:00 to close the spinal opening.
We appreciate everyone's prayers.

It was very special to have Pam's parents, as well as Pastor David & Janet and Pastor Liz with us yesterday morning when Maddy was born. Pam's father, Pastor Liz and Pastor David all prayed around Pam's bed before she went into delivery. A truly sacred moment.

With each of my three daughters' births, I have been surprised anew by the rush of love and warmth that floods a father's heart when he sees his new little one for the first time. There is really no other love like it. If God loves us that much (and He does), then what a Father we have!

You can go to Pam's blog at http://carlivia.blogspot.com to see pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glen, Madeline is BEAUTIFUL. Praise to our AWESOME God for bringing her safely into your arms! I will be praying for her surgery tomorrow. God bless you!
Marilyn Weese

karen said...

Babies are so cool! Congratulations to you and your family!

I am praying for Maddy, the hospital staff and each of the lives Maddy has touched and will touch.