Monday, October 27, 2008

Graham v. Conley

If you have not heard about this race, it is worth noting. I wonder if it is a portent of the future that may be starting in the South, but could see a spread across the country if Republicans don't decide very soon that they are conservatives first and party people second.

The race to which I refer is the South Carolina Senate race between Republican Lindsey Graham and Democrat Bob Conley. And if I were a resident of the Palmetto State, I would be crossing the aisle for this vote.

What do you think?

2 comments:

simpleman said...

I must confess that I know little about Mr. Conley and I know a lot more about Mr. Graham. From what I have read about Mr. Conley he does seem to be the more conservative of the two candidates for the senate seat. How strange it seems to me to be saying that about a Democrat. Remember though that this man was a Republican before he was a democrat. If he really believes what he espouses then I can't help but wonder if he really is the better choice for the senate seat and if Mr. Graham is on his way out. Great post have a great day CIAO4NOW!!!!!

karen said...

Have you read this article at
http://townhall.com/
"Democracies Die When Liberty Gives Way to Dependence" by Terry Paulson?
--it is great to be conservative!