Saturday, May 23, 2009

Been busy

I have had all kinds of blog posts simmering in my mind over the last 12 days. Actually sitting down at the computer and typing them out to share with everyone is another matter. I flew out to Idaho last week to visit my aging grandparents and some other family members, had to catch up with work when I got back, had a full day with the Hoosier Congressional Policy Leadership Series with the Indiana Family Institute this last Thursday AND have to keep up with 2 time-consuming, but very fulfilling Liberty University courses.

So if I don't blog for days that stretch into double-digit numbers (as is now the case), you can bank on it that I'm experiencing these levels of obligations in other areas of life.

But of course, much is happening that demands commentary. Sometime during this holiday weekend, I'll try to provide it. Right now, I have to read some collateral for "Hermeneutics"class.

Speaking of that, let me put something to rest right now that I often get asked when people hear that I am in a Master's in Religion program with Liberty (especially since I have another Master's in Business). No, I am not going into the ministry. For that to happen, Jesus would have to show up in my living room and make His intentions known that plainly. I am in awe of pastors who do their job well; because of just such servants of the cloth, I know what a commanding task and awe-inspiring responsibility ministry is.

I had a number of reasons for embarking on this particular program, and suffice it to say that they are being realized, one by one, as I go. More on this later...

No comments: