Monday, April 28, 2008

Wright is back

This could be the most dangerous expose yet of Jeremiah Wright's multiple incendiary comments.

Newsmax is reporting that in yet another politically charged sermon, Wright compared American soldiers to occupying Roman legionnaires who persecuted Jesus (and by extension, eventually nailed Him to the cross). Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

This really could fatally wound Obama's chances in the heartland. I would look for this material to show up in McCain campaign ads this fall. Judging by what I'm reading about McCain's reaction to this, I think he's already planning this way. He has condemned this ad run by a North Carolina group, while at the same time citing Obama's own comments to Chris Wallace that references to Jeremiah Wright are fair game. (I wonder what led Obama to make this admission? I wish I could have seen the full FNS interview; maybe I can find it on YouTube?)

My sense is that McCain is 1) enough of a fighter that if he sees an opening in the fall to eke out a victory by playing up the Obama-Wright connection, he'll do it and 2) McCain's ire is genuinely peaked by this attack on his brothers and sisters in arms whom he truly loves and supports.

This, combined with the Bill Ayers connection, should also blow to the four winds any shred of the "unifier" aura that Obama has left, and expose him for the far-left politician with a liberal activist past that he really is. Truly incredible.

1 comment:

karen said...

Does it seem like if you wait long enough and dig deep enough the Democrats will self-destruct?

I know the Republicans are not flawless but their ideology is just well sensible!