Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm JAZZED!!!

Is it just me or has the Palin pick hit the Republican base with a HUGE burst of enthusiasm?

I am so excited by this choice. Palin is an evangelical Christian, a mother of 5 (including a special needs child, which is special to me!) and an anti-corruption crusader, but a rock-ribbed conservative. Yes, Yes, YES!!!

Fox is reporting that the Obama campaign has referred to Palin dismissively as "a former mayor of a town with 9,000 people." I am continuously stunned by the breathtaking arrogance of this crowd!!! HOW DARE THEY challenge McCain's pick on grounds of inexperience (which they are, without using the word)? Keep it up, Democrats. You'll wish you hadn't.

This is a brilliant strategic execution on the part of the McCain campaign. They have very effectively stepped on coverage of Obama's speech last night, and clearly, the gambit they're employing is that Palin will pull in a bunch of Clinton voters.

McCain is stuck in traffic, but should be at the Nutter Center podium in Dayton any minute. I am really remorseful that I didn't drive to Dayton this morning, but the 170 mile drive didn't seem quite sensible earlier in the week when I mulled it over earlier in the week....Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One more thing--I think the Democrats' grumpy and ungracious response to McCain's pick signals one thing: they're angry and worried. They probably had that response prepared before the speech, but it comes off as particularly bad, as I think you pointed out, in the light of Palin's gracious words about Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton--both women from whom she is miles apart politically and religiously, but she did the gracious thing anyway. AMC